Sunday, January 27, 2008

The beginning...

This is the first step in the beginning of FootSteps Photography. FootSteps Photography started out as my love of capturing "the moment" grew after my daughter Alexa was born. She has brought so much joy to my life being able to have the photographs to remember every step and the journey she has taken so far along the way. My interest in photography stems from my love of art. I am a third generation artist in my family. I remember growing up in my dad's shop learning the ABC's and colors even before I went to school. As I grew up, I helped him in the family business learning about art, composition, layout, design, and color hands on. After I graduated from High School I attended the University of Arkansas to pursue my degree in Fine Art. A year after marrying my husband, Michael, he joined the US Air Force and we moved from Arkansas to Keesler AFB then to Moody AFB. I transferred to Valdosta State University in South Georgia and finished my degree in Fine Art studying Graphic Design, Photography and Printmaking techniques.

There are a lot of things that make up a great photograph. A good photography is not just about pointing and shooting but rather about the individual components that make up the overall image. A photograph should be something that you would hang on your wall as you would a fine art piece.

Time does not stand still, so we should treasure every moment we have with our families. Our children grow up so quickly and before you know it they are grown. They are only little once in their lives. I believe that we should preserve our family memories and what a great way to do it -- photography.

No comments: